Saturday, August 1, 2009

The School Area ! !!

I have been talking with God about how I need help in my basement. I have been feeling overwhelmed. The last couple of weeks I have been hard at work. A lot has happened over the last year. The summer got away from me and well this summer brought in more of a mess. School starts Wednesday. I have been plodding along and it was beginning to look like things were not going to get completely finished. Especially, since I am guilted by family into taking the kids to watch things get blown up on Saturday. That will be another post.
I mentioned way back in March we were putting in cabinets and counters. I never did post pictures because things just scattered all over the place.
Dear sweet friend, Robyn asked if I would like her to come over tonight. She did !! She came over. She wouldn't let me quit when I got overwhelmed. She forced me to let go of things that were good ideas, but the reality is I won't ever get too them. Honesty, it is a wonderful thing even if it isn't what we want to hear. She wouldn't let me quit even when the cabinets spilled their contents all over and it looked worse than when we started.
There are still things to do in our school area....
However, I am soo excited. After 4 hours of work this is what our school area looks like...



What isn't shown are the two work tables we completely cleared off. I have a SMALL stack to take upstairs to put in the car. CDS for listening to and work pages for Daddy's Buddy during church. Another pile of things to take and make copies! I finally have it all in one spot, so hopefully I can make one trip and be done!
Thank you Lord for good friends who are willing to help. For good friends who prefer to clean up someone else's mess and hold them accountable. Oh by the way, the post it notes are to help us remember the new 'homes' for our stuff!


5 comments:

HS Mom of 4 said...

Wow! It looks wonderful. I'm more than a little jealous of all the cabinets and counters and space. Good for you and kudos to Robyn for helping you with this project.

A JoyFilled Life said...

That looks fantastic! And I am thanking God this morning for the precious friendships He has blessed you with. What a treasure, Sis!

Hi! I'm Rebecca said...

Wonderful Heather!

Cav5Mom said...

Wow! That is wonderful :)

neta said...

What a blessing to have such a great friend!