Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Conversations with Hockey Player,

As I left to go help with MOPS at our church, I was reminded by the many trash bins at the curb what day of the week it was. A quick call home. I asked to talk to Hockey Player.
Mom: What is today?
HP: March 2
Mom: What day of the week? (thought this would help him remember)
HP: Tuesday
Mom: What happens on Tuesday? (really thought this would jog his memory cells)
HP: English class (hmm, so he is thinking on his English paper and playtime with a friend.)
Mom: What else?
HP: Hockey ! (That's more like my boy)
Mom: What else?
HP: MOPS
I gave up
Mom: Trash and Recycling!
HP: oh, that's right.
Mom: let me talk to dad....

Mom: What's today?
Dad: Hockey Player get the trash and recycling out to the curb.

HP's sweet aunt, got to hear the story first thing. Her very quick response was. Wow, what a neat perspective on what is going on in Hockey Player's mind. All too true. He is a very sweet kid. Kind and tenderhearted.
It is heartwarming to reflect on what his mind turned to first and foremost. How wonderful it was when he quickly responded to the task at hand and took care of it.
Then I switch gears and think how humorous it is to know what my husband thought of first. Or better yet, marvel at how much we think alike now after 15 years of marriage.

No comments: