Thursday, March 18, 2010

Loving Spring Break

With the passing of hockey season, and a break from school. I am resting a whole lot.
I have been thoroughly astonished at how tired I have been. 3 hour naps are becoming the norm for my afternoons. Unbelievable. I had no idea if I stopped running like the hockey/homeschool mom I am that I would conk out like this.
So I have slept and slept.
I had a moms' night out with chocolate cake and shopping.
I have cleaned house.
I have put a few things on ebay.
I have planted potatoes and onion and got my strawberries ready to go.
I have dug up some day lilies. More to dig up. I know, it is better to do it in the fall, but that is when we are in school and before you know it, I have no idea where they are exactly because they have all died back.
Laundry and more laundry!
And I went garage sale shopping this morning. Fun Mom was not pleased, she was unable to awake. Her internal teen alarm was set for later wake time much to her dismay. But she did like the treasures I brought home for her.
My 2 favorite memories so far of the week are: Last night, to get Flutter Nutter to go to bed, I said, "Go to bed, or no Nike stuff from garage sales for you!" LOL, it worked. Straight to bed.
Tonight, "Get your showers taken and you can have ice cream for dinner!" It worked as well. Showers were done and done well in record time! Can't make a habit of that one, but hey, every once in a while....
Set up the tent in the boys' bedroom for them to sleep in, just for them to change their minds and climb into their beds.
One more day of Spring Break... Gonna enjoy every minute of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....