Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cake Boss I am not, but I did get it done...

So I come home one night to discover that Fun Mom and her friend had designed the birthday cake for Fun Mom. The first words out of my mouth were, "Who do you think I am, Cake Boss?"

To which they laughed.

The cake they designed even had a wire feature that would require being covered in fondant.

The dear friend, that she is, offered to be there to help me. She would make the wire feature and would even cover it fondant.
Guess what, she wasn't able to come over after all...she was with her dad.
Not that the wire feature would have happened. :)
On the other hand, her mom and little sister were there helping to roll out fondant shapes. To taste the fondant and offer comedy and support as I attempt this mammoth cake. 4 cake mixes, lots of frosting and fondant. ONE BIG HUG and Happy daughter. She is so not allowed to make her next cake this complicated. And I need to take a fondant class and learn to make marshmallow fondant.





No comments: