Friday, April 19, 2013

A new quoteable courtesy of The Man!

I love my "Man".  He really is The Man.  He has a super big heart.  Wants everyone to be happy. 

He has a creative, artistic streak that makes me look at the world differently and smile. 

So when I was getting ready for church and cruised through the living room, I stopped to ask him what he needed to do to be ready himself. 

He launched into an explanation about his outfit.  He is a clothing expert.  He has an opinion on colors, fabrics, textures, and designs.  Honestly, he has really good taste. 

So when he proceeded to tell me, "This is the only shirt that goes with these shorts." I was really proud of my ability to stay straight face and proceed into a normal conversation.  I honestly have to credit God with my composure.  His heart is so big, he genuinely was serious, I didn't want to hurt or frustrate him.  But I was truly in awe that he really thought these two items went together!

I explained he need to wear nice jeans or khakis...shorts or pants.  Not athletic shorts.  Pulled a pair out of the laundry not quite folded, but perfect for church.  I didn't snicker, didn't laugh and didn't try to correct him.  I did ask him if I could take his picture. 
 
Later, I would learn from Hockey Player, he only pulled his jeans on over his perfect shorts.  I definitely need to pull out the totes to help him find the perfect shirt for his perfect shorts. 
 

No comments: