Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Balm for the Hurt and Angry Heart !

So this Christmas season has been especially difficult for me. I recently checked out this book and may have to buy it because it is taking me an incredibly long time to get through it. I thought it was a novel. However, the Lord knew what I needed. It is not an easy read, it is thought provoking and meaty. I have spent way more time than I would like, this last week on issues related to the criminal trial we must testify in as witnesses. It is hard when a beloved child becomes a victim of a violent crime. I want to have the testimony of grace and forgiveness. To have people say I don't know how you do it, and in return reply, "it is the Lord who works in me." However, my fleshly desire to see this person suffer unimaginably wars with the truth of God's love and salvation for all. Then the Lord leads me to this book, written on the Prodigal Son. A different outlook of this very well known parable. A healing balm to my heart and soul as we navigate these difficult days ahead. Written not about the prodigal son, but about the son who was faithful and made all the "right" choices.
Sooo, now that I am back to blogging....lets get onto the fun stuff I have so neglected this last week due to yucky business and the foul funky mood it put me in!

No comments: