Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The last 48 hours!

D has tested to see if he has 9 lives like a cat.
He has tried to determine the value of forgiveness and mercy.
He has tested by scientific methods the patience of his parents.
He has flushed underwear.
Tried to flush coloring pages.
Flushed a plastic bottle.
Dumped red paint on carpet and new bathroom floor.
Dumped white paint on his bathroom floor.
Dumped a bag of chips on dining room floor making a trail to his bedroom.
Poured his juice on the floor.
Insisted on taking everything away from his brother N just because N had it.
He tore up all my research on high school requirements for graduation.
(I am trying to make some curriculum decisions.)
Dumped who knows what all over my bedroom floor.
I refuse to count how many fits he has thrown.
Discovered he has been eating chocolate chips which have milk and he is allergic to...when asked, every bite was worth it.
Got his dad up at 5 on Monday morning. (I must say, I am glad it was Dad and not me.)
Peed on whatever he could and when asked why??? "Cause I can." he says matter of factly.
And well, that is what we have managed to discover thus far!

So now there is a debate. Who gets Daniel for the weekend! There is a hockey tournament out of town. Someone gets to keep him...... Dogs have kennels. Is there anything similar for 3 yr. old boys? Grandma says it is not her ! !

We do love and adore him. He redeemed himself tonight by falling asleep on the way home from Awanas. Not only did he fall asleep. He slept through me putting a diaper on him and putting his pants back on and putting him into bed. That is completely unheard of ! ! !! Mom is rejoicing for giant miracles and acts of mercy by our Loving Heavenly Father.

No comments: