Wednesday, March 11, 2009

They learn so quickly !

It is bed time.
I have been extra growl-ie with the boys.
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with 3 yr. old D.
He poured paint all over the hall carpet.
Oil - based paint.
Paint biggest brother left out when he was done painting his
Grand-Prix pine wood derby master piece!
Moments before hockey practice and ice skating lessons.
Moments later we discover he had another bottle.
He was screaming about being sent to his room and that he doesn't like me anymore.
I am used to that.
But I am not used to white paint being poured all over bed room carpet as well.
The hall is splotchy red.
The bed room is spotless thanks to my wonderful oldest daughter.
She stayed home while we went to the ice rink and scrubbed the floor.
But back to bed time. I am grumpy.
I just want these mongrels disguised as cute little boys to go to bed.
I can then relax and prepare for more of their antics tomorrow.
The house is quiet.
I have let oldest son watch the hockey game on tv.
All of a sudden I hear...."You are the greatest, Mom."
"what? ?" An Isaac and Esau moment. That doesn't sound like my oldest.
"You are the greatest, Mom." It isn't my oldest.
But who is out of bed, the youngest.
What better way to try and get out of bed and trouble for being out of bed....
then to try and smooze the Momma...
It is good they are cute. Cause in the end, I think it is what saves them through these years.

No comments: