Friday, May 22, 2009

Reading Programs and such..

So Summer is here, at least at our house. My kids are wanting to entertain themselves with technology instead of play outside. I put my foot down tonight. As much as I want to loaf all summer and do nothing cause during the school year I do anything and everything but nothing, I can't cause my kids are already stir crazy. So this summer I am focusing on my younger two. Giving them opportunities to do fun things we can't do during the school year, cause well we are doing school.
Reading programs are big in my house. I love they are reading. I love the prizes. The kids love the prizes. Who doesn't love freebies.
I found this one tonight.
http://www.halfpricebooks.com/feed_your_brain.html
Get free books or free pizza at CiCi's when you complete the week's reading.

Also, Barnes and Noble does a reading program for grades 1-6. Read 8 books, get a free book of choice out of select titles.
Be sure to check with your local libraries. Ours always does a summer reading program. The special activities they host are funtastic. I just spent time jotting down my favorites.
We'll still have plenty of do nothing days. But a little something to look forward to each week as well.

No comments: