Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Grocery Challenge!!

So dear sweet Dara over at Dara's Deals has asked me join her in her challenge.
Why she couldn't wait a month I don't know... Here are my reasons why this is going to be soo hard.

*Cause my a/c went out and who wants to cook (Please don't remind me the temps dipped and it has been fabulously cool~ These are my excuses...oops I mean reasons..)

*Dear husband had a birthday and well he should get to eat what he wants

*We are going on a trip

*And drumroll here.....I have already spent money!

So we haggled on this deal. At first I was to spend no more than $200. Well, that might be a stretch for my hungry brood. Though I am stocked. We have agreed anything less than the $600-700 we spend is Fabulous. So I will shoot for $200 but be happy with any success. We comprised and also included a food budget of $100 for our trip. A short little sanity breath of fresh air kind of trip. Blink and you won't know we were gone.

So here's for accountability. Dear husband is humoring me, he hasn't said he is on board yet he hasn't said he isn't.

Since it was delightfully cool today. I baked 2 pumpkin pies, 1 birthday cake, 1 batch of happy tummy cupcakes, half a batch of cookies (there's more to cook tomorrow). I skipped the cranberry bread. Maybe tomorrow. Cupcakes are in freezer for when D needs some cake. He ate 2 1/2 without asking. He got another 1 plus the other 1/2 when we cut the birthday cake. So there's for eating out of the cupboards!