Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It is only by God's grace...

Many have watched my family this last year and have commented on how we have pressed on. Last night as Dara gave my blog a much needed face lift. She put me on the spot and asked for a Bible verse.....Huh, you want me to choose just one. Then I visit Four Sisters Farm's blog this morning. My ever so dear friend posted this scripture....
This verse is the answer to all those who have bore witness to the last year.

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

2 school years ago, I took a Beth Moore class. Her studies are just amazing by the way. But early on in the classes, she did a little personal side note. She talked of God's grace being sufficient. She spoke of a friend who's precious child left this Earth way too early. She told of how at the funeral she was falling apart and the mother told her to get herself together or she was in trouble. The mom was able to keep it together because God's grace was sufficient for her weakness at that time. I remember that now and again, it explains so beautifully my life.

No comments: