Thursday, January 14, 2010

15 Years and counting....

I never imagined myself getting married. I never imagined where I would be in 15 years. I always found it hard to imagine and fathom the future. 15 year laters, a few more wrinkles, a few gray hairs (not me of course) and 5 children later I often find myself speechless. The journey the Lord has taken me on has been far beyond anything I could imagine. I am ever so grateful for a loving God who knows the plans He has for me. Ever so grateful for the man he set apart and chose for me. I was challenged once to make a list of what I would want in a husband.
It was a short list. 3 items. I definitely lacked in imagination, dreaming and looking ahead.
1. A man who was good at Math ( I struggled with geometry and calculus. I knew I would like to homeschool and would need some help there.) 2. A man who could cook. 3. A man who would not try to fix or put pressure on me about my broken family and past.
I could add now, a man who loved me with all his heart. Who didn't quit. Who would be his children's champion. A man who would sit and share God's Word with the littlest, the oldest and all in between of his children. A man who would be my opposite and compliment. I the same for him, so we could balance one another. But for what I couldn't imagine and fathom, God knew and He brought us together.
Since this week has been one filled with numbers, here's a few more:
15 years of marriage
14 ~ the day we were married
one 13 year old
12 months of laughter every year
11 bazillion times a day I am grateful my beloved wants me to be able to stay home
one 10 year old
9 hours a day we are apart
one 8 year old
7 days a week I am grateful for my husband
one almost 6 year old
5 amazing children
one 4 year old
3 ~ the number our marriage stands on
2 ~ I DO's
1 Family

4 comments:

Hi! I'm Rebecca said...

Beautifully written! Happy Anniversary you lucky lady!

HS Mom of 4 said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved the numbers thing. Clever and beautifully honest.

Cav5Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love your present :)

A JoyFilled Life said...

Beautiful Heather! Happy Belated Anniversary.