Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mum's the word for this Mom!

I thought yesterday was a tug on my heart strings.
Early this morning (as in 8 AM) we were at the ice rink to "cheer" on the hockey team. Since I was pretty vocal yesterday, other parents were joking with me about coming out of my shell and getting involved in the game. Mike had already told a few I had been asked to not yell/cheer anymore by Hockey Player. But I had to give the news to a few others. I was encouraged to make signs and beat on the glass to get his attention so he could read them. LOL
Then there was a few offers to shout, "Hockey Player, your mom says...."
I did great, I only slipped once and I don't think he heard. I did have a hard time following the game because I had to focus on keeping my lips zipped. Big O Daddy O was in the clock/score keeping box so it was a quiet game. My hope is he would realize how quiet it was and be bummed enough by it to tell me I could cheer.
Hasn't happened so far. Pretty hard morning. I won't tell him or make him feel bad, but it was a hard morning. Just glad he doesn't get online to check out my blog.

No comments: