Monday, January 18, 2010

Inservice Days!

I love them!
Absolutely love them.
Today, I was pleasantly suprised when I looked at our school calendar and discovered we had one! Of course it was scheduled because we are spending an entire afternoon at the dentist office. We have a wonderful dentist. His staff is so lovely to us. They are willing to schedule all 7 of us in one afternoon. There are other medical offices we visit that won't consider more than 2 people in a family to be scheduled for one office visit. Which I understand, should the very busy mom forget, it would leave a hole in their day. Not only do they let us come, but they try to work it out so that 2 hygenists are working on us at the same time. We get out of there in 1/2 the time. It is wonderful! And the silly part of it all, my kids are excited about going to the dentist. They actually like going to the dentist. That was never me as a kid. Their favorite part, I think, is getting the new toothbrush. LOL !
So between MOPS, the dentist, hockey and ice skating lessons there isn't much time for a normal school day or a half day of school.
So I am excited for a "inservice" day.
A catch up day for my kids. Even if it means they only get one or two assignments done. We have to cross town, so they are expected to work in the car. They are also expected to read or work while they wait their turn. So after all is done and said they will not be as far behind as they were today!

No comments: