Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tackling the 15 Year + Collection

Earlier this month, I tackled Big O Daddy O's closet. When it comes to getting rid of the clothes, he is the worst. For 15 years I have tried really hard to respectfully leave his clothes alone. But, I just couldn't anymore stand back. His closet was crammed full. Hanging them up made them wrinkle and well, I wash and fold clothes, but I am not a fan or ironing.

Some of his reasons/excuses for holding onto antiquities and treasures.
You bought it for me.
The kids got it for me.
My mom got it for me.
It is in style, everyone is wearing it. (This one causes me to roll my eyes and remind him he is not allowed to buy himself shirts anymore.)
It goes with my suit...the suit he wore when we were dating.... Olive Green. We've been married 15 years, he put sympathy pounds on throughout my pregnancies.... Does anyone think that suit still fits? It was in the closet too!

"Something came from this store and its (WAS A) really nice shirt." Translation: he paid quite a bit for it back in the 80's.

"It will make a really good chore-work shirt. Painting, under the car, etc."

Hmmm, Does he really need 4 or 5 tshirts with built in under arm airconditioning...

Like I don't do laundry? ? Anyone read any of my laundry posts! ? ! ?

Fun Mom was mortifiied and willingly grabbed all of them and threw them in the trash.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't take all the tshirts. I didn't touch the workout shirts or his wear under BDU tshirts. (BDU's = military fatigues) There are a lot of those. He has more workout shirts than there is time for him to use them all in a week. And don't forget I do laundry only a couple of times a day so there really isn't any reason for him to run out of workout clothes.

So with a lot of brutality and determination I ended up with the piles below. This is what was worthy of passing on. I didn't take picutres of the trash can pile.


The only thing he fought hard to keep was THE sweatshirt. It is horrible. We had to do the math, it is 23 years old! He still won't part with it. It looks horrible. He even tried it on to prove it still fits. He promises to only wear it when he works on the cars. My anniversary present to him... I let him keep it. Fun Mom grabbed the camera to document this story! Thanks Fun MOm.


1 comment:

Cav5Mom said...

Wow I was 7 when he got the sweatshirt! He should keep it for another 10 years and then in will be an antique!!!