Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Party 2010

This year I wasn't too excited about Valentine's Day. But my kiddos reminded me through their actions they are getting older. With very little involvement on my own, they made the Valentines and got stuff organized for the party! Sometimes, I just see these fun moments as just more work. So when my kids take the reins and show me they are growing up and can handle some of the details on their own, I get to step back, relax and enjoy the moments of their growing up. I find at times now, I am less "busy" providing them with occassions to do and instead more busy watching them demonstrate what they can do. A nice little twist. A little bittersweet. But I won't get all sad and melancholy about it. They will grow up, that is how it is. I want to enjoy each moment. Even if it means, they are showing me how grown up they are.



1 comment:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Hi Heather! I'm glad to find your blog! Thanks for visiting mine. Although I see Little Princess at Sunday School each week (and Hockey Player last year!), I'm excited to see more of their lives through your blog.

Blessings!
Amy