Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Growing Up and Changing Online Nicknames

As hard as it is to admit sometimes, my kiddos are growing up.  Although they have not outgrown their names we so lovingly prayed over and gave them when they were born, their online names are another story.
There was some shock and dismay from Daddy's Buddy when he became aware enough of his online name.  Too little boyish for him.  He asked me to change it right away.  I didn't, but only because I did not know how to go about changing his name or what to rename him.  I couldn't possibly refer to him as child number 4.  He has since referred to himself as Dad's Bud.

Flutter Nutter has since turned 6.  And well, I will always hold dear this name we gave him, but I have to admit he is becoming quite the young man and Flutter Nutter no longer suites him.  The name around the house we hear more often than not is "The MAN".  So from this point on, "The Man" it is.

Fun Mom heard I was renaming her brothers and she asked about hers.  She's right.  She doesn't mother them much anymore.  They all are growing up and kind know what they are doing.  Sometimes she isn't even the one babysitting.  She is starting the transition years of getting ready to fly from the nest.  Oh where did the time go?  A friend of mine likes to refer to her as "Fun Girl".  So Fun Girl it will be.

Kind of sad this changing of names.  It is a mark of the seasons changing and my kids growing up.  But I am focused on enjoying the here and now with each one of them.

No comments: