Saturday, March 3, 2012

Awana and Crocheting Week One

You would think the two wouldn't go together.  When you are the Little Princess and you have to wait on your little brother, The Man, you find something to do.  Little Princess approached me a couple of weeks ago and asked if our friend Mrs. Z would teach her to crochet. I encouraged her to call her and ask, pretty sure the answer would be yes.  Mrs. Z has her own Etsy store.   I posted several months ago about her birthday present to me.  She is amazing and amazingly sweet!
During Sparks A Rama practice, waiting from the Awana game practice, Little Princess has had her crochet needle in hand with yarn in her lap.  I wish I had had the forethought to take pictures.  She has been learning to crochet.  Week 1, she learned a couple of basic stitches.  The next day, we put her in a van to go to a conference in Tulsa for 36 hours.  She came home with this completed.  She "created" the loop on her own.
I was flabbergasted and impressed beyond belief.  One hour of sitting with Mrs. Z and learning and she had her first project completed.

No comments: