Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Parent Teacher Conferences in Wisconsin

First stop was Parent Teacher Conferences!  Preschool style. 
Never been to one of those before.  I found it very interesting and even more humorous.  Miss G is absolute sweetness.  I loved listening to her accent.  But her accent is what caused me to bite my tongue ever so hard that I thought I was going to need stitches.  
You see this beautiful girl! 
She is brilliant!
She is in preschool.
She knows her letters lowercase and uppercase.
She knows the sounds of 21 of the 26 letters.  
Know which letters she doesn't know?  
The vowels.... Know why?  
They pronounce them funny in Wisconsin.
This girl has grown up in Kansas.  
It is a phonics nightmare.  
It took so much self-control to not blurt out and start laughing during this
very serious parent-teacher conference.
What is funny is when I told this princess' mother my thoughts...
She told me I should have not bit my tongue.
Miss G would have laughed! ! 
Love it.
Note to self--should I have adult children who move around
while their children are learning to read--remember this story!

1 comment:

Cav5Mom said...

Laughing out Loud!!!!