Friday, March 16, 2012

Shopping with the Boys!

My boys have never been much for shopping with me.  They will a little as long as it is in their best interest.  Meaning more often than not sporting goods, Nike, Under Armour and the occasional garage sale. Occasional meaning one every couple of weeks.  Sometimes they will allow me 5 without complaints.  Just depends on the day.  So when in Wisconsin we had to stop and check out some of the major sites...shopping sites that is. 
On the list Once Upon a Child.  Guaranteed we have one here, but I will admit it doesn't compare to the one Dara took us to visit.  The quality and quantity of these quality clothes far surpassed any that I find here back home.  The prices were mind blowing.  Not only were many of the items like new or new with tags, but most of them were priced between $5 and $8.  All high end Name Brands.  Gymboree. Nike. Under Armour. Rare Editions. Justice. Ralph Lauren. 
Heaven! 
So with Fun Girl next door at the color coordinated and organized like a rainbow Plato's Closet, I directed each of my other 4 to their size of clothes.  Told them to take a look.  I figured I would get a few minutes to myself.  
AH contraire my sweet cherie. 
My 2 youngest boys were in heaven.  Go figure? ! ?  
Every couple of seconds I was interrupted with,"I like this one."  "Check this one out." "This one has my name written all over it."  "I want this one."  
I learned a lot about my boys.  I knew their styles and color choices swayed in certain directions, but I never would have chosen some of the things they did.  
Like these shorts.  Even though I enjoy the fun plaid shorts in the store, never in my wildest imaginations did I dare think one of my boys would wear them.  And yet..... Dad's Bud chose this pair.  Then he discovered they went really well with his Cub Scout uniform.  


The Man discovered "the handsomest, fanciest white church shirt ever" and we actually had to go back the next day to get it cause I put in the reject pile.  He asked like a bazillion times for the shirt.  Talk about throwing this momma for a loop.  And well it is "the handsomest, fanciest white church shirt ever".  Dara found the tie and the look was completed. 
The Handsomest, fanciest white tie shirt ever really does need to be worn to church.
He didn't forget, cause this is what he wore to Awana !
When the white shirt is in the laundry, you can still wear the "choker tie" as he calls it. 

1 comment:

Cav5Mom said...

See I knew he needed that tie. Your boys look oh so handsome! and where exactly is the big bird shirt picture?