Monday, September 24, 2012

Cause you just can't have enough shoes....

Pretty much a daily occurrance:
Time to go, get your shoes on.
I must tell them to get their shoes on.
Some, have thought is was perfectly okay to leave home without shoes!?!?!
What they were going to do when we arrived, I have no idea.
Definitely a source of exasperation to a mother on the go.
 
Fun Man shows up..
Something tells me to look down.
 
 
No!
"But I can do it!"
No.
"I will put socks on Mom, it will work."
No.
"Mom I can't find my shoes."
No. You can't wear socks with your flippers.
"I will put socks on, it really will be ok."
No.
Dad tells him, to go find his shoes.
Now it is not like we don't keep some back up shoes on hand
for this boy.  He is forever losing shoes.
He has been known to leave the house in two, I am saying two different shoes.
For instance, a sandal and a tennis shoe!
His brother saves him and announces he has found his tennis shoes.
Relief
Fast forward several days.
Mad family cleaning session.
I find another "flipper" as I call them. 
Ask if it is The Man's?
"YES!!  Cause I had only 2 left feet.
Now, I don't"
Yep, you are correct, you don't have 2 left feet.
Woohoo!
This boy makes me smile.
 
**Same cleaning day**
In the storage room cleaning.
I find a lonely shoe.  No mate.
I have a box upstairs of lonely mismatched shoes waiting to find
the other one in the pair.
I holler for Dad's Bud to come here.
I hand him the shoe and instruct him to take it upstairs to the box,
if he doesn't know where the mate is.
If he knows where the mate is, collect the mate
and put the pair in the correct bedroom.
His response,
"It must be mating season for the shoes today"
 
Really, not making it up.
I couldn't come up with one that good if I tried.

No comments: