Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jane, she is a favorite part of my week!

I first met Jane 8 or 9 years ago. 
Fun Girl wanted to learn to play violin.
A friend recommended Jane. 
She even took me to her kiddos lessons. 
Still wasn't too sure about entering the world of music lessons.
I knew in theory, I knew music instruction was invaluable.
But private lessons and the cost of the instrument had me concerned....
well invaluable, means there is a value.
A big commitment.
As always, God has provided. 
Since that day, all but our youngest have gone to Jane for lessons.
Fun Girl started with violin.
Then she added piano as Hockey Player started to play.
Fun Girl has moved on in her interests but to Jane's we go every week.
Hockey Player
Little Princess
Dad's Bud
and maybe one day The Man
Jane's home is one the children adore.
Her yard is something out of the Secret Garden.
Lots to discover,
a tire swing for waiting siblings
daffodils in the spring
cats and kittens lounging in the sun....
in her home...
piles and piles of music...
and she knows where each piece is located.
I believe every she has kept every gift every student has given her.
A testament of the love and respect given to her by all who enter her life.
 
 
Before every recital piece is played, the performer
must stand, tell his name, age, grade and something about him/herself
and the piece to be played.
Meanwhile, siblings are encouraged to get comfortable
and pet the audience.
 
 
garlands of glitter and pizzazz
sparkles and memories
 
 
momentos of a life time of teaching
 
 
When I look around, I can't help but smile.

No comments: