Monday, October 8, 2012

Their eyes were causing trouble!

My two youngest boys remind me tremendously of my childhood.
My older three are the kind of children that could allow a parent to become prideful.
They simply just never participated in the,
"He's touching me!!! 
She's looking at me!!!
They breathed on me!!!"
At least not until the younger two boys came along.
GOD knew the risk of me becoming prideful as a parent.
He knew it.
I have a tendency to get comfortable in my abilities.
He knows that.
So He allows circumstance to keep me on my knees. 
To keep me focused on HIM.
To NEED Him.
Because He loves me.
Because He knows without Him, my life is nothing.
One day, the sun is shining.
There is promise in the day.
A promise to accomplish much.
A promise of time together as a family.
A promise that I will need my Heavenly Father to survive,
as I step out of the bathroom, dressed and ready for the day
when I hear my two youngest striving against the other's existence.
**SIGH**
Lord, help me to get through today.
As I sit at the table, trying to encourage children to start school.
It begins, "He is looking at me!"
"Nuh huh ~ He is looking at me!"
**Sigh**
God reminds me of the poster board in my room, I recently pulled out.
The older children come running.  Hanging over my shoulders.
What are you doing?
Shhh!
Still sitting at the table, the two youngers are still looking at each other and annoying one another.
Supposedly, trying to do school but can't 'cause "HE" is looking at him.
** SIGH **
And I plop these poster board dividers down and tell them to do school.
They laughed.
I didn't, my sense of humor had left me.
I think I forgot to ask God, to sustain my humor for the day.
I wish I could say it solved all my problems. 
One of my "sweet" little gifts discovered the poster board shielded him from my view and he snuck away to play instead of doing school.
**SIGH**
But at least they weren't looking at each other.
 

No comments: