Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Precious isn't He?


N is a sweet heart. He strokes my hair. He tells me I am beautiful. He is always quick to say "Have a good day." When one of us leaves, even if it is to just run a quick errand or go to the doctor. He asks his Dad on the phone, "Did you have a good day?" He strokes my cheeks and tells me he loves me.
He worries about looking like his 2 yr. old brother and spends quite a bit of time combing his hair to look different than D.
He/We are celebrating still. Last week we learned he has outgrown his food allergies. Still no red dye, but no other food limitations. He adores chocolate, cheese sticks and yogurt.
Then there is the other side....He is celebrating he doesn't have food allergies, but D does. Just a WEEEE bit of glee can be heard under that very serious factual statement.
Then there was today. He hasn't been feeling well. I wanted him to nap with me. He kept waking me and asking if he could get up. "NO! lay down!" After how many times of asking, he popped off this question: "When are you going to stop being a pain in my butt?" It took no time for me to pop up from my pillow and send his little tushy to his room.
When I relay this to Dad who is much quicker at the draw than Mom. Dad laughs and says "When you move out!"
After I calm down, I invite him back to my room. I need to be sure he understood me earlier, and if not impress it upon his brain further, "You NEVER NEVER state anything about Mom being a pain in your butt, Understand?"
"Yes, but, but, but (he is stuttering now)..."
"No buts, never again."
"HRUMPH, (a growly sort of sigh), You are ruining my life." and he stops out of my room.
Now a precious friend of mine, who later brought me Cider from Starbucksto soothe my throat, thinks this is a riot. Because of her encouragement I have posted this. She thinks one day, I will laugh about it. For now it strikes terror in my heart, right now he is only 4 years old. I don't even want to imagine what the coming years could bring.
I don't think I could ever say to my children, especially this one, "I hope you have a child just like you." For the most part they are truly charming.... However, I think praying/wishing another child like N onto my dear N would not be fair to his future wife. This same dear friend suggested twins then. I couldn't do that to my daughter-in-law. This same precious friend who's children have nicknamed N as the N-ator, laughed and said maybe God is already preparing his future wife for them.
For now I will pray for grace and wisdom for me and for God's hand to be on him.

1 comment:

eurekan at heart said...

Josie has been doing the same thing my friend. Is it the age? LOL! We hear "you never get me anything" a LOT now. I have no idea where she picked it up. :). Someday we will laugh. Tom reminds me of that.