Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another N Moment - the Value of DAD

It is no news around here that Dad is out of town. But N has come up with quite a few doozies this week. As this one keeps slipping my mind, I have to add it as well before I go to bed. This morning, a good 14 hours ago, N starts walking through the house hollering for his dad. This strikes me as odd and I really wonder about what planet he is existing on, cause he KNOWS his dad is gone. I find him and ask him why he is hollering for Dad cause he knows Dad is not here.
"I want some eggs."

"?? You want eggs?"

He nods his head. You see, Dad makes the meals around here while he is on second shift so Mom can get the homeschooling done. Dad gets little guy duty. Eggs are something the two of them like to do together and eggs are something D can't have cause he is allergic. (I think that is more behind the gotta have eggs than anything.) I just look at him all incredulous. Then I say with all the suprise and dismay of the mother who gave him birth, cause I can't fathom why he wouldn't just ask me,

"I can make you eggs."


"?? You can?" --- Total shock on his part, never in his lifetime would he have ever considered his mom could make eggs. I make everthing else, but eggs? that is like making a souffle or something. Well he got into it and was busy making sure I knew what to put in it, cause Dad makes them special. Rewind 10 years, and I remember a certain little A when she was 2 and dad was working 3rd shift, and eggs were their thing as well. Maybe eggs are Dad's thing? Dad was out of town and she wanted me to make eggs. I made them, served and they were summarily rejected. Why?? "They are not like Dad's eggs." "He doesn't make them that way." At least N received and ate my eggs. Maybe that is why he made his move on me during the movie.

Not to be left out, D had to check with me and ask me if I knew how to make "Saus, Saus"?
Sausage for those who need translation. Amazingly enough I knew how to do that as well. Though I quickly turned it over to my 12 yr. old who is becoming very skilled in the kitchen....cause yet another moment was occurring that needed mom. Ah, now my brain can rest. Good night all.

No comments: