Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Taking Care of Mom and Other Talents

I have been blessed with a wonderful 12 yr. old daughter. She not only told Dad to not worry, "I will take care of Mom," she has been very sweet and loving to all of us in the house so far this week. It can be very trying with two brothers not even 2 yrs. apart and are often in a ball of arms and legs, sometimes pleasantly and other times at war.

Sunday, she chose to make Banana bread for the first time ever while I took a nap. We had bananas that needed to go and I asked if she would like to try and make bread. She did a wonderful job and made a special loaf for her food allergic brother D. She made Rice Krispy Treats for the first time as well. But the clencher is she cleaned the kitchen up as well!

Monday (yesterday) according to the clock now...
She made these Braided Raisin breads with icing. (pictured in the blog) MMMMMmmmmm Good. Not happy tummy for the food allergies. And yet again while I was at the doctor office and then napping, she did laundry for the mother. I came home to neat piles of laundry on my bed and then woke to more.

No comments: