Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Be Careful of Your Thoughts...

Early this week, I was reflecting on how grateful I was my children liked their names.
Never once had they bemoaned their name or wanted to change their name.
A lot of prayer went into each of my children's names.
For some of the kiddos, a lot of negotiation and reading on the meaning of names between the mom and dad.
Then out of the blue, Daddy's Buddy informed me he wanted to change his name.
It is to be:
Cad Bane (a bounty hunter from Star Wars)
Of course for this posting it has taken a coordinated effort of the 3 older ones to tell me how to spell this name. My hearing isn't the best and I am a little Star Wars illiterate. Never seemed important to know each name belonging to clone troopers and bounty hunters.
But Cad Bane ?
In all my wonderful motherliness, I very calmly inform Daddy's Buddy
I prayerfully named you.
I will call you by the name chosen for you.
If I change the name I call you, it will be to call you, "My sweet, sweet, buttercup" cause I love you so much.
DB: "NOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooo"
He has agreed I may call him by the name chosen for him before he was born.

He tried again with Big O Daddy O this morning.
BODO not knowing the previous conversation said something similar and the kids were floored.
The Mom and Dad UNITED!
Score for the Parents!
No the kids weren't floored we were united. They were floored by the similarities in our responses.

No comments: