Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Who knew??

I could be a budding auto mechanic?
This week I received a call from hubby dear to please come get him from work.

His date-mobile won't start.
Date-mobile = Ford Taurus.
Bucket front seats
does not fit all 5 kids
We could go on a date & not look in the backseat & see car seats & maybe for a moment imagine ourselves 15 years younger.
The Date-mobile.

DM has been making a clunking sound for a few days. Big O Daddy O was waiting for the weekend to work on it. The Date-Mobile became insistent on receiving some undivided attention.

So Big O Daddy O starts working on the problem related to the car not starting. He checks the battery. He checks the starter. A few other things. I ask about the clunking. Couldn't the clunking be the problem? BODO told me earlier in the clunking stage, the clunking was related to the air compressor.
"Oh, I forgot about that."
"Maybe"
So he mentions it to his car buddies. A few other hmmms, yep that could be it.
So BODO is off to see if the air compressor is why the Date Mobile won't start.
Then we have the option between air conditioning this summer or no air conditioning.
The difference is in $$ comfort and dollars $$
But either way, it is cheaper than a car payment. The Date Mobile is paid for. Not pretty, but paid for.
In the meantime, I am reveling in the fact, I helped BODO out with the car. AND I didn't have to get my hands dirty! I just had to remember something he said.
Beautiful!
Now he can't say I don't listen or remember anything he says!
Beautiful!

No comments: