Friday, January 29, 2010

Not believing, is sometimes seeing...

I have noticed of late, that I am becoming a bit pessimistic and cynical.
So when I heard the weather report of 4-8 inches, I scoffed.
Won't happen.
When I heard people rumble about school closings, I scoffed.
Won't happen.
I couldn't possibly experience the joy of shutting down of activities and busy-ness this weekend.
I am ever so grateful, God chose to ignore my little cynical self.
I went to bed ever so early last night.
I even looked at the olders and said, lights out by....
I am going to bed.
Consider yourselves tucked in.
10 hours later, hubby is waking me up to tell me the car is fixed.
30 minutes later still bleary eyed and staring at the tv for weather closings and then onto the internet cause I was too impatient to wait on the scroll bar anymore.
All that I had scoffed at, really did happen.
Schools did close,
Lots of snow did fall.
I don't know the final count in inches.
I just know my kids did school as usual, they hung out with one another. We picked up the Date Mobile, took it back and got it again and came home just in time for me to take 1 1/2 hrs. nap.
Hockey games canceled (go figure?). Much to my pleasure.
They have a practice instead...maybe they do, not us. We shall see.
All that I have left on my calendar is a hair appointment and church.
I have a few kiddos begging to do History. So maybe we will do that as well.
Hot cocoa, naps, and a fire in the fireplace...sounds like a perfect weekend.
Maybe perfect enough to knock me out of the doldrums and my cynical attitude that caused me to scoff so heartily at the weather man this week.
For now, I am just enjoying the giggles I hear in the basement as all 5 kiddos are getting along and having fun!

No comments: