Monday, October 1, 2012

Sometimes it takes me a while...

I have been slow to come around. 
You see I can remember back in the day...way back in the day
When Candle Light (spelling) was all the rage.
It was back when I was young and in love and newly married.
Before 5 kids.
They smelled pretty.
The home parties were fun.
So I have heard rumblings here and there....Scentsy.
No way! 
You see I gave up my candles. 
Somewhere around kid number 2.
Just couldn't keep up when I was alone. 
Someone was always out of sight.
And well fire can be so pretty.
It can be so fascinating.
Then they learn to blow and well, they just blew them out.
Then I was hook line and sinkered into scrap booking.
Then along came child number 4 and 5.
Well, not doing much there. 
But all these neat and wonderful things cost money to keep up with and keep going.
My kids are the same way!
Come this past March I visited my frugal friend Dara.
Hook line and sinkered me! she did.
They got to her.  She is just as penny pinching as I can be, but they got to her.
I fell in love.
Pretty to look at. 
Pretty to smell.
But I didn't buy.  I just smiled.
Then summer came.
My boys played!
Need I say anymore.
I got to where I didn't want to go downstairs.
Opening windows helped.
Air freshners helped. 
Deodorant helped.
But only for a while....
Then I went to my family reunion.
They auctioned off some scentsy.
For sure what I thought was a bargain price.
(and it was!!! I soon found out...see the frugal me. )
But I had no warmer.
So I batted my eyes and said pretty please to hubby
and
he looked at me with this look that I know all too well.
The one that says, what is this really going to cost.
And he asked me what is SCENTSY???
Makes the house smell pretty.
Still the look.
Remember Candle light when we got married??
Maybe that wasn't the best comparison, cause that was a little pricey...
The eye brows go up!
But there is no fire.
We don't have to worry about the house burning down.
We would have a pretty smelling house....
He just can't resist my smile and eyes.
And I know it and I am sooo bad.  
He asked how much?
I had to restrain myself so he didn't go apopletic.
Then the next week, I inherited some from Papa and Grandmama Mac
(my parents!!!)
I saw them in their house and was so excited cause they were a part of the club!
Papa was like I don't know where the baseball thing is.
It was for a fundraiser, here take it all!!!
Are you sure?  It is pretty.  Surely Momma wants it.
Nope, they stuck it in my box of books.
I have been waiting and waiting.
My stuff came today!
My bathroom, cause I should get first dibs!!
 
My living room!
 
 
I quickly plugged them in and left for the night.
When everyone re entered they smiled!
Even hubby! 
He even agrees the basement needs one or two!!!
Then he asked about the cubes. 
I figured it out. 
Well it is a bit more than I spend in air freshners...
but it smells so yummy!
Surely I can stretch it out a little bit...
Surely, with some frugal conniving,
I can sniff to my heart's pleasure!
 

No comments: