Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quoteables courtesy of THE MAN

Riding in the car I hear lots of chattering of course but I hear "MOM, THE Man is using his middle finger...HELP! "
Good Golly, 
MAN!  You can't use your middle finger to point.  It offends people.  Some people would be so offended they would beat you up.  NOT GOOD!  STOP!
THe Man: okay
Sigh, and I continue to drive and there is more indistinct chattering.  Not sure that it is indistinct or if I am trying to go into "my world," but I picked up this blurb that made me wrinkle forehead and ask myself, "What?"
From the backseat...
The Man: You can go to Heaven or Satan's world.
There is some more chatter.  I am chuckling to myself over his way of saying hell.
Then I hear
The Man: It's a bad word and I have to come up with a way to describe it.  (Satan's world)
About this time Fun Girl gets involved and asks, "What letter does it start with?"
The Man:  an F
I am thinking, "Man I have failed!  He doesn't know the letter sound at the beginning of hell."
Fun Girl asks: Does that word have 3 or 4 letters?  She is remembering this conversation.
The Man: 4
Laughter... full on laughter...side splitting laughter.  I didn't clarify anything.  Because it could have been anything.  But Fun Girl is old enough, she knew this could go anywhere and she lost all control of herself and laughed herself silly. 
Which led to her telling me she retold this story to the lifeguards at work.  How they laughed!  Big mistake cause The Man overheard.  Up to this point only letters and numbers had been spoken.  NO words.  He had to ask about THAT word again.  To which then Dad's Bud flips out and can't believe he said the word. 

No comments: