Monday, October 1, 2012

Going Vertical !

 
Grandpa Mac retired from teaching this past spring, well sorta...
We received an email offering us some bookshelves.
I got kinda excited. 
Cause despite our best efforts, school always ends up in the dining room.
School gets scattered all over the table.
School time runs into meal time and well we end up with piles.
Piles everywhere.
Piles on the floor.
Piles in the living room.
Piles on the piano.
Piles on the fireplace ledge.
Well maybe this would be the fix...?? 
The Hubby was not to sure about more stuff in the house.
First he said, "No," then he paused and said, "Yes."
Then he asked where?
He was not too sure about my plan.
But after this many years of marriage, he is learning to let me try and fail....
and sometimes not fail!!!
This was definitely a win!!!
I am learning too.
As time has passed and lots of decorating fails, I am learning.
With his agreement to buy some pretties to pretty up my dining room.
I spent a whole weekend in between activities and such
sprucing up my dining room and going vertical.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Hooray! Strong work!! I was thinking how "going vertical" (looking up to God) always makes things better! You made a perfect illustration. :-)